Friday, May 11, 2018

My Depression and Me


A little weird to have this segment ay? Well believe it or not my depression has been a large part of my life since my early teenage years. Now a few of you may be asking yourselves, “Were you that guy who was always listening to Lincoln Park or My Chemical Romance, and wore too much black?” Let me answer that for you, no. For the most part my depression made me strongly quiet and introverted, barring my close friends. Before I continue, if you do suffer from depression and have any thoughts of self-harm, please go here.
While there were times where I’ve had “those thoughts”, the real reason for this post was how it changed the shape of many of my interests. It introduced me to horror, grim darks, and creepypastas, as well as macabre authors such as Poe and Lovecraft. Reading and listening many of these types of works made me think and question the validity and worth of my and to an extent, human existence. These caused me to look further into works that centered around these disturbing thoughts, which got me into reading Lovecraft’s work in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment