Friday, May 4, 2018

Class Reflection


At the start of this semester I had not taken much thought of the lessons that we would come to learn. Though in my junior and senior years I had developed a deep interest into fictional literature, had never taken much interest in the stories and works of literature that we read in class. Though had I found the vast world of fictional writing interesting, I had never really cared for some of the more realistic based stories and even less when it came to poetry. The only thing I had originally hoped to get out of this class was to have a better ability at analyzing works of literature, which would also help me with analyze other forms of media.
However, while I did have a rough time starting out, I had begun to see the appeal to many of the stories that we read and discussed in class, especially The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Alan Poe. I also enjoyed when we would take time in class to analyze and understand the deeper meanings behind what we read and their author’s intentions. Though I’m still not a huge fan of poetry, I still enjoyed trying to understand the deeper meaning of the poems we read. And though I still struggle with keeping my focus on reading things that don’t quite interest me, I’ve learned to get myself through the struggles and keep pushing to succeed.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment